The ordinance of communion is important to the church community.
At SDACC, communion is offered at our services four times a year, so our online expression of communion is also offered at those same times.
Taking Communion Online with Us
You can participate in this experience from your home. Communion (the Lord’s Supper) is an ordinance given to all believers by Jesus to remember His sacrifice for us and to symbolize the new covenant and His soon coming.
Communion will be part of our services this coming Sabbath.
The elements of bread and wine (grape juice) are symbols of Christ’s broken body and shed blood. Communion is not a means of salvation, rather, it is a testament of a believer’s faith in the atoning work of the cross. If you are a believer in Jesus Christ, join us online to remember His GREAT sacrifice. If you are not in the place where you consider Christ your Savior then sit back and enjoy the service like normal.
For those who gathering in community groups, this will be a great way to launch the first gathering.
HOW TO TAKE COMMUNION ONLINE
1. Purchase Grape Juice (quantity depends on size of your group)
2. Purchase Baked bread, or bake your own! (https://www.sdacc.org.sg/communion-bread-recipe/)
– Unleavened bread is the best expression of the “bread” element. Unleavened bread simply is bread baked without a rising agent
3. Be Ready at Home with Your Elements
– I will direct you through properly receiving communion. All you need to do is follow along online individually, as a group, or in your extension at the service.
4. Share With Us
– After receiving communion online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know how many in your home participated in receiving communion. Snap a quick photo and include it in your email as well.
SCRIPTURE REFERENCES FOR PERSONAL USE
Matthew 26:26-30; Mark 14:22-26; Luke 22:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-29